poeticwaxing

I wish I could say that this will take on some sort of coherent theme or style, but I know it won't. It will likely consist of whatever's in my head at the moment, which is subject to change at the speed of sound...

Monday, October 09, 2006

These are a few of my favorites things.....

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things

When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

We all remember the "Sound of Music".....this song holds a special place in my heart as I recently went to my grade school Centennial Celebration....and as I walked into my old first grade classroom, I remembered my teacher, Mrs. Barr, sitting at the piano, all of us little kiddies sitting cross-legged on the floor in front of her, singing our hearts out. We sang this song quite a bit, along with Edelweiss:

Edelweiss, Edelweiss,
Every morning you greet me,
Small and White, Clean and bright
You look happy to meet me..
Blossoms of snow may you bloom and grow,
Bloom and grow forever
Edelweiss Edelweiss
Bless my home land forever


I had another inspiration for this post, too.....thanks, Mrs. Goodneedle!...I'm starting with the topic of skincare and make-up, since it happens to be my favorite thing to wax poetic about!

My Fave Skin Care & Make-up Things:

1. Remede Super C Serum...for when you're willing to pay for glowing, radiant skin...it really works. I'm serious, just give it a week. Available at Sephora.
2. Aveda All-Sensitive Cleanser....cleanser is supposed to remove dirt and make-up, nothing else. Its not supposed to exfoliate, extract, or leave your skin red and irritated. And this one does none of those other things, it just cleanses. Beautifully.
3. Stila Lip Rouge....Its a lip stain that glides on with a little felt-tip marker, so you have control over where you put it. But the best thing is that this stuff stays on.... through a kiss and a meal.
4. Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil......the only face powder I will ever, ever use. 'Nuff said.
5. Halo shampoo and conditioner......it works perfect on my hair, which is fine and blonde. Doesn't weigh it down at all, leaves great shine.
6. Lancome Bi-Facil Double Action Eye-Make-up Remover.....takes it all off. Even waterproof. Nothing is more effective.
7. Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Cream......don't let the name fool you...this is not a cleanser, it's an exfoliator. Make sure you take off your make-up first with a cleanser like Aveda's All-Sensitive Cleanser, and then use this for gentle, every-other-day removal of dead skin. Leaves your skin super-soft.
8. EO Organic Lavender Hand Sanitizer.....I had yet to join the hand sanitizer-users of the world, until I found this one. I cannot stand how Purell smells or the way it dries out your skin. This EO hand sanitizer is wonderful...no harsh chemicals, no drying action, and it smells incredible.
9. Diamancel's #11 Tough Buffer Foot File....the only one you'll ever need. It's coated with industrial grade diamond dust, so it won't wear out. Use it on dry feet, and you'll be walking on silky smooth heels.
10. Bio-Ionic iDry Travel Ionic Conditioning Hair Dryer....okay, I know you'd probably never dream of spending $100 on a hair dryer...but if you were to try it, I swear you wouldn't bat an eye at the price! This thing is genius- it not only dries your hair in record time (make that half the time you'd normally spend), it smoothes out your hair at the same time, making it shinier and more manageable. I know this sounds like a commericial, but I guess it is! It's also incredibly light, so your arm won't get tired as you use it. My hair is no longer frizzy... thanks to this.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel so inadequate -- I only knew of 20% of those companies -- Aveda and Lancome. That's especially bad considering these brands all currently reside under our roof! At least...I think so...

2:16 PM  
Blogger Jim V said...

Lip stain? Did I read that right? Stain?

I'm so glad I'm a guy...

DECK STAIN!!! Arh arh arh!

5:29 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Thanks for the list, I love it! I am going to try your suggestions, #8 would be a welcome alternative to the other stuff and #9 is something I can really use with dry winter weather coming. I would never whisper a word regarding spending a lot of $$ on a hairdryer... you wouldn't believe what I think a really good iron is worth. ;)

6:03 AM  
Blogger watersoul said...

Yes, breathe, all of these things have been under our roof for quite awhile! lol
Jim V.- a lip stain is quite like a deck stain- made to absorb into whats under it and add some color, too! Luckily a lip stain only lasts a day if you're lucky, while a deck stain should last much, much longer.
Mrs. Goodneedle- let me know if you end up trying any of these and how you like them. And thanks for the support regarding expensive appliances!

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home