poeticwaxing

I wish I could say that this will take on some sort of coherent theme or style, but I know it won't. It will likely consist of whatever's in my head at the moment, which is subject to change at the speed of sound...

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Odds & Ends

Well, its that time of year again. The end of it. And the start of a new one. Seems like a great time to pledge to make the next year even better, isn't it? I suppose that's why people make New Year's resolutions, right?
Enough of the obvious. So many people make resolutions, but never stick to them. Probably because they hadn't even thought of them until a week or so before Dec 31, and then made them only because they think they should, because everyone does it. That is why so many resolutions end up in the dust, I think.
This year feels different to me for some reason. 2007- I love the sound of it. 7 is my favorite number. It being an odd number makes it somehow more definite- you can't split it in two evenly. I think it feels different because some of the things I am resolving to do have already begun for me, and I am just pledging to continue them. And others, I have been thinking about for some time already. So making my list is merely a manifestation of things already set in stone. But writing them down does make them feel more concrete and real to me, which will further solidify my intentions. And there definitely is more of a sense of commitment when you shout it out to the world....so here it goes:

1. I will continue my path to a healthy and fit body. How? By continuing my current plan of exercise 4-6 days per week, making healthy eating choices more often than not, and eating only when hungry. What I will do differently now though, is that I will push my body to improve in new ways by shaking up my routine, exercising more intensely, and getting back to those FIRM videos- they really do work. Our new treadmill will make these goals easier- no more trekking to the gym.

2. I will get my songs recorded. The piano lessons are over- now I know the basics, and it's time to put that knowledge to use. How? By spending lots of time in the music room, playing around with garage band, setting up that new professional condenser microphone (thanks, Dan!), and letting my imagination run wild. The second part of this one is that I would also love for Bill and I to collaborate together. I think we will be amazing together musically. He will help me make my ideas a reality through his technical ability, and I will complement his ideas with my creativity. He's already started creating on his own, and I am awed by his artistic talent. The first thing on our list is some background music for my spa website, www.poeticwaxing.net.

3. I will focus on my business this year. Now that Poetic Waxing, Ltd. is an official corporation (thanks, Jim!), it's time to get serious. This year I will choose a skin care line, get all the necessary equipment I am missing, and get to work on marketing. I will be organizing mailings, promotions and putting the finishing touches on my website and services menu. How exciting!

4. OK- now for the not so fun, mundane stuff. These are things I will do anyway, but I need to make them a part of my list: -clean out and organize the mud room, linen closet, my closet, various boxes and shelves in the bedroom, and photographs.

That's all folks, at least for now. Well, okay, one more thing. May the year 2007, and every year to come, be a year of growth. Because if we're not growing and learning, then we're not truly living.

3 Comments:

Blogger bill voigt said...

Some great goals! I'll be there next to you through it all, babe.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Flake said...

Wishing both of you two the best for 2007!

11:38 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Happy New Year! Lofty, admirable goals; I wish you all the best. I resolve every year to become more focused and organized... (and drive all my family and friends crazy)so, this year, I have a new resolution- and that is to cultivate calm and quiet in my heart. Life is Good!

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home