poeticwaxing

I wish I could say that this will take on some sort of coherent theme or style, but I know it won't. It will likely consist of whatever's in my head at the moment, which is subject to change at the speed of sound...

Thursday, March 08, 2007

My Latest Obesessions

Every once in awhile I come across new products that just blow me away...for one reason or another. And I just have to share, because I know everyone else in the world MUST be an obesessed product junkie like me...well at least it makes me feel better to think so! LOL My latest potions are as follows:

1) Covergirl Outlast Double LipShine- I am always on the hunt for lip color that lasts and lasts....in my favorite things post, I mentioned Stila Lip Rouge...and while that product is still wonderful for a stain/base color, this product is an actual lip gloss. I don't know why I even bought it...I think the ad intrigued me for some reason, although I rarely buy anything from Covergirl....could be that it was on sale as a BOGO at Walgreens...anyway, I am officially blown away. Why? Because this stuff stays on literally all day. And believe it or not, it passes the meal test. A lipgloss that stays on through the consumption of an entire meal? Unheard of! And its only $10. Good things come in small packages..

2) Frederic Fekkai Glossing Sheer Shine Mist To Go- I have baby-fine blonde hair, so most products out there tend to weigh down my hair and make it droopy. But at the same time, I need products to take out the frizzies and add shine. Its a fine line to balance on. I had recently bought a different shine mist and thought it was doing its job pretty well. But I recently went to Vegas (that's a whole other post!) which gave me the perfect excuse to "need" more products, so I saw this at Sephora and decided to give it a whirl. I am so glad I did! It's perfect. I spray it on after my hair has been blown dry, before I use my styling/curling brush. It adds incredible shine, smooths my hair, and it smells clean and wonderful to boot. So you can style through it, but it's light and flexible. And it comes in this tiny little travel size! It's not easy to find hair styling products in a travel size! Yes, I am ecstatic. I'll be throwing my other one away.

3) Anastasia All About Brows Kit- I had been using Lorac's Brow Wax since my wedding in 2001. But lately I started looking for a new one, because it seemed not be working as well as it once had. Too sticky, color was not right. This very helpful girl at Sephora showed me this kit, and I liked it. At first I didn't want it because I thought it contained some stuff I don't need- all I wanted was the powdered brow color, but this kit comes with lots more stuff. It has tweezers in it- and I already have 2 pairs. But she assured me that these tweezers are exceptional- and she would be right! They have a great, easy grip, and are slanted and very sharp, but not too sharp (that can be a problem in that excessive sharpness can end up breaking off the hair instead of pulling it out at the root- you don't want that). Then it also has a brow gel in it- something I never used to use, but I realized that sometimes it is nice to brush this on and know that your little eyebrow hairs won't be pointing south for long time. It also has a highlighting stick for under your brows- this really brightens up the area and accentuates your eyes. One of the best things in the kit is the applicator- a slanted, firm brush on one end (my other one is too soft), and a nice eyebrow/eyelash brush on the other end. To top it all off, it also has 4 different eyebrow stencils in it- I never thought I would need one, but I used it and the shape came out perfect, so I'll be using it again! Oh, and it's all packaged in a pretty pink zippered sack. Nice!

4) Bliss High Intensity Hand Cream If you read my pet peeves post, you'd know that dry hands are one of my worst peeves. Can't stand the way it feels. So I always have some hand cream handy in my bag. Chief complaints regarding hand creams are 1) too greasy 2) not moisturizing enough, and worst of all 3) smells like your grandma. Now, I have nothing against Grandma's, but I don't want to smell like one. This Bliss hand cream commits none of those felonies. And it comes in a full size as well as a travel size. Stock up!

Now, if someone could just invent a rockin' pair of bass-thumping, sound-deafening headphones for my i-pod that will not only fit in my small ears, but is also waterproof and immune to my buckets of head sweat, I'd be raving about those too....

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Some great recommendations... I'll pass these on to my daughter, too. Thanks. So, when do we get to hear about Vegas?

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home